Learning events for trainers & medical educators
Please contact me if you would like me to facilitate an interactive seminar/workshop or give a talk based on the resources on the website. I can tailor the content and style of the session to meet your needs and aims.
Regular workshops for GP Trainers:
- Y&H GP School Autumn and Spring School– topics include: Compassion, Loss, Identity, Gender, Power in Medicine, Culture and Connection, The Power of Stories.
- TrainersWorkshops, in person and online – topics include Being Human in Medicine, Use of Stories in Teaching.
GP Art Club, launched in 2021 a monthly session on a Tuesday evening 19.30-21.00 on Zoom. Invite via email through HEE Y&H Blackboard. The aim of GP Art Club is for trainees and educators to learn together about an aspect of General Practice using art (film, painting, photos, literature, poems, music) as a catalyst for discussion.
I’m happy to create a session just for your learners, based on what you think might work well, e.g.
· The Art of General Practice and Medicine (on any topic related to being a GP or working with patients)
· Creative Arts for Health and Wellbeing
· The Art and Science of Surviving and Thriving in Work
Excellent content and resources. I cannot rate the day highly enough.
I thought it was a fantastic course. Would highly recommend the course, it exceeded my expectations.
I will try and use art in my teaching in future to trigger discussions.
The seminar on compassion was superb.